Mould Affects Indoor Air Quality and Your Health

Mould Cleaning
A home that is not well ventilated can be an out and out breeding ground for mould. This mould growth leads to poor indoor air quality which in turn can affect the health of your household. Mould is good outdoors for fallen leaves and dead trees as it is the key factor in breaking down organic matter. Mould growth outdoors is not usually a problem. If you come across any mould growth inside your house, it is definitely not a good sign. Getting a mould testing and assessment of your property done by a professional company is vital. Bio-Cleanse specialises in mould inspection and mould remediation among other biohazard cleaning services. Moulds are a common cause of health problems in an enclosed space like a house. Mould reproduces through its tiny, yet invisible spores that float in the air. Warm and moist conditions are required for these spores to bloom. The only way that mould can grow indoors is when there is an existing moisture problem. Controlling the moisture level indoors is the best way to control mould growth inside your home.

Air Quality of Indoor Environment Is Reduced

Air quality tends to play a huge role in our overall wellbeing and health. Moisture problems and the resulting mould growth make your home less healthy to live in. Indoor air pollution can sometimes be as much as five times more than outdoors. This depends on various factors – where you live, the season or time of year, humidity and moisture-levels and your indoor lifestyle. Poor ventilation and damp areas that don’t receive any natural light are also a cause of concern.

The air is full of micro-particles like pollen, pollution, skin cells and organic compounds which undoubtedly contain mould spores. This is because mould is a naturally-occurring organic fungus. It readily grows both indoors and out. When it matures, it releases its spores. These mould spores then carry along on the wind. As some of these can eventually enter your homes, they will take root and start multiplying if the conditions are right.

Indoor Mould Growth Causes Health Problems

Though some moulds produce potentially toxic substances called mycotoxins, all moulds produce allergens and irritants.

Touching or breathing in mould or mould spores can trigger immediate or delayed allergic reactions. A runny nose, sneezing, skin rash and red eyes are some of these reactions. Mould can also trigger other respiratory problems. With mould particles floating around, most people with respiratory problems will not find relief. There is a risk of increase in symptoms experienced with asthma, hay fever, allergies and skin issues. Breathing becomes difficult and coughing increases, making it impossible to get a good night’s sleep.

It’s Time to Contact the Professionals

When musty smells and poor air quality have you concerned, don’t hesitate any longer.
It is always best to have things checked out properly. Your best option when it comes to your health and wellbeing is to have a reputable and experienced mould remediation company like Bio-Cleanse conduct a mould inspection at your property.

At Bio-Cleanse, we use modern technology and equipment to perform a detailed analysis. Our technicians are well experienced in mould removal and mould cleaning.
We will provide you with a guaranteed plan of action and keep you updated through every step of the process.

Contact us when you think you may have a problem with mould. We operate 24×7 in Bowral, Mittagong, Moss Vale, Goulburn and Canberra. Call 0409 037 634 or email at We can restore harmony in your home.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong>