There can be a number of reasons to a sewage backup in your home or property. They can be caused by flooding or a natural disaster, overflowing toilets or a clogged drain. Polluted water is immediately released into the premises when a sewer system is backed up.
Whatever the cause, overflowing toilets and backed up sewage are difficult for anyone to deal with. They cause extensive damage to the plumbing system and structural damage to the property. It is also hazardous to the occupant’s health.
Sewage backups can end up being quite a nuisance if proper sewage cleanup isn’t performed. The best way to deal with a sewage backup is to call a professional restoration company. Bio-Cleanse Pty Ltd. provides sewage cleanup services that are fast, effective and reliable. We focus on getting your property back in order quickly and efficiently.
Reduce the Damage Caused by a Sewage Backup in Your Home
While you wait on a professional restoration team to arrive, here are a few things to keep in mind and to do immediately.
- Contaminants in sewage backups and sewage water are hazardous – to humans as well as pets. Block off and evacuate the flooded area as soon as possible.
- Immediately turn off the electrical power in the flooded area. Depending on where the main circuit breaker is located in your home and providing your access to it is clear, it is best to turn off all power. However, if you can’t safely turn off the power, just don’t go near electrical devices.
- It is also best to shut of the off the valve for the main water line to your property. Everyone in the home should know how shut off utilities during a disaster. It is a good practice, even for the younger family members to know.
- Ventilate the area – open out windows and doors. Let as much fresh air in – as soon as and for as long as possible.
- Disinfect the standing water by adding some chlorine bleach to it.
- Until the sewage backup problem is cleared, refrain from using any of water from the water supply system in your home. Avoid flushing toilets or drains and sinks.
If your property is connected to a public sewer, immediately notify your municipal authority or sewer department.
Leave a Sewage Cleanup in the Hands of Professionals
Don’t put yourself at risk of contracting diseases by handling contaminated water. If you experience a sewage backup in your home or property, call a professional restoration company like Bio-Cleanse right away. We can remediate the damage caused by black water as well as handle mould remediation.
Our teams have specialised training and equipment to quickly and safely clean contaminants. To restore your property we strictly follow standard safety procedures and remediation techniques that regular homeowners would not have knowledge of.
We are professional, discreet and respectful while handling all our specialised services. We operate 24×7in Goulburn, Bowral, Mittagong, Moss Vale and Canberra. Get help right away! Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0409 037 634.